KRUZ 103.3’s “Universal Studios Trip – Hollywood’s Super Nintendo World” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by contacting radio station KRUZ 103.3 (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, 1376 Walter Street, Suite 6, Ventura, California 93003, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KRUZ 103.3’s “Universal Studios Trip – Hollywood’s Super Nintendo World” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
1.Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the 180 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the 180 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 7:00am PT on MAY 15th 2023 and will run through 4pm PT on May 27th, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter:
Text: Send a text message on the correct day with the keyword TOUR, TICKET, CITY, FUN, GAME spelled correctly to (805) 283 2800 during the Contest Period. All entries must be received by 4PM PT on SATURDAY, MAY 27th, 2023 to be eligible for a chance to win a prize. Message and data rates may apply. Station has no responsibility for any fees or charges associated with any text messages entrant sends or receives in connection with the Contest. Entrant agrees to receive messages from Station from time to time relating to the Contest, the Station, and any Contest sponsor or prize provider.
4. Winner Selection. On or about 9AM on Monday May 29, 2023, Station will select 6 potential winners in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period. Each winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within 24 hours of notification or failure to claim the prize within three (3) days of verification as a winner will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
5. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prize. Up to SIX (6) Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. The Prize is a pair (2) of tickets to enter Universal Studios Hollywood. Select dates in 2023. Located at: 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608. ARV Eighty Dollars ($308).
TOTAL ARV OF ALL CONTEST PRIZES IS: ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply. If winners are unable to use the Prize due to closures related to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government, and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Sponsors, then no substitution shall be provided by Sponsors. Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of redeeming the Prize in light of COVID-19. Any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsors cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit. By accepting the Prize, winners acknowledge the risk of public or large group gatherings and assume all risks of accepting the Prize, redeeming the Prize, and any other the risks associated with redeeming and using the Prize.
7. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
14. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, KRUZ 103.3, 1376 Walter Street, Suite 6, Ventura, California, 93003
PRIZE PROVIDER: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608
1-Day General Admission to Park (Valid on your selected date only). Guests ages 18 and older must also show photo ID. For more details, visit https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/operations-safety-updates. Additional restrictions may apply. Parking not included. Ticket is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable. This ticket may not be altered, copied, transferred or resold. This ticket is only valid for the person named on it, or when accompanied by the person named on it. Ticket cannot be combined with other offers, separately ticketed events, discounts, Halloween Horror Nights or sightseeing tours. Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. By accepting admission, you assume all inherent risks and agree to release Universal and its affiliates from liability for illness (including communicable / infectious diseases), loss, injury, or damage related to your purchase or visit. Universal reserves the right to revoke the license granted by this ticket. Park, rides/shows/attractions, entertainment, experience details and/or access to event may be restricted or unavailable due to capacity/closures/other factors and benefits/restrictions are subject to change without notice. For Park hours, visit UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/calendar-and-hours. Valid at Universal Studios Hollywood, located in Los Angeles, California.
NOTE: The Prize Packages must be used by December 17, 2023 or prize will be forfeited. Depending on crowd conditions, Virtual Line™ reservations may be required to enter SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™. If winner is unable to fulfill prize during time period, winner forfeits the prize package. Blackout dates or other restrictions may apply. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner only and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. Winner must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Prize Packages are non-transferable and have no cash value. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. All unclaimed and/or unused prize packages, will remain the property of USH and may not be used as sales or trade incentive for employees of Sponsor and may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner, nor used by Sponsor, its agencies or clients. All details of the Prize Packages will be determined by USH in its sole discretion and USH reserves the right to substitute a similar prize or prize element of comparable value. Tickets are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Universal Studios winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
All tickets are valid during normal operating hours only. Operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change without notice. Some special events may be separately ticketed. USH reserves the right to change the name of all tickets. Unless specifically indicated otherwise, all tickets specifically exclude admission to special or separately ticketed “hard ticket” entertainment events at any of the theme parks, hotels, or within any of the Universal CityWalk venues.
Universal City Studios LLC d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood is a prize provider only in this promotion; is not a sponsor of this promotion; and is not responsible for the administration of the promotion, the collection of the entries or the selection of any winner. Any disputes, claims, and causes of action against Universal Studios Hollywood arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in any portion of the prize involving Universal Studios Hollywood shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Los Angeles, California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
In connection with any visit to Universal Studios Hollywood, please be advised that Sponsor’s and Universal’s policies, CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any Universal destination. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor and Universal cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
By accepting the Prize, winner, on behalf of him or herself and on behalf of any individuals who use the Prize, expressly assumes the risk that during use of the Prize they may be exposed to COVID-19, the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, or other communicable and/or infectious diseases. Winner and Guests, if any, expressly understand that these risks include contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases and the associated dangers, medical complications and physical and mental injuries, both foreseen and unforeseen, that may result from contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases.
All parts of the Prize selected are subject to availability and blackout dates, and subject to change without written notice or warning. Should an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics and the spread of infectious diseases, including without limitation COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization and any of the strains, variants or mutations thereof), and any related governmental or judicial actions taken in connection with, or as a response to, any such event, or any other event beyond the reasonable control of a party, whether or not existing, known, foreseen or foreseeable at the time this Sweepstakes occurs, render the redemption or fulfilment of some or all of the Prize delayed, hindered, adversely affected, impracticable, or impossible, Universal Studios Hollywood in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to evaluate and make modifications to the redemption and fulfilment processes and timelines for the Prize or portion of the Prize for which Universal Studios Hollywood is responsible for, which may include but is not limited to providing additional time for redemption and/ or fulfilment. Should the Prize become unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered.